FAST Channel hype, is the same as traditional TV broadcasting but the benefits of streaming provide accurate audience statistics, audience feedback, low cost of entry, greater quality and great choice across multiple video-enabled devices:
FAST Channel Broadcasting – The New Era of Streaming TV
FAST, or Free Ad-Supported Television, is a streaming service that offers linear, passive and ad-supported programming that appeals to a large and diverse audience. FAST channels are similar to traditional TV channels, but they are delivered over the Internet through various platforms and devices.
FAST channels have seen tremendous growth in recent years, as viewers have tired of paying for multiple video streaming services. According to a report by LG Ads, 60 percent of U.S. households now watch FAST channels, which offer shorter and higher-quality ad breaks than cable or satellite TV.
But what are the benefits of FAST channel broadcasting compared to traditional TV broadcasting? And why should content creators and advertisers care about this new form of streaming television?
Here are some of the key advantages of FAST channel broadcasting:
- Accurate audience statistics: FAST channel broadcasting provides real-time and granular data on the viewership, behaviour, and preferences of the audience. This data can help content creators and advertisers to optimize their content strategy, distribution, and monetization. For example, they can use data to create personalized and relevant ads for their target audience, measure the effectiveness of their ad campaigns, and adjust their ad frequency and placement accordingly.
- Audience feedback: FAST channel broadcasting enables direct and instant feedback from the audience. This feedback can help content creators and advertisers to improve their content quality, engagement, and loyalty. For example, they can use feedback to test new content ideas, formats, and styles, solicit suggestions and opinions from the audience, and respond to their comments and queries.
- Low cost of entry: FAST channel broadcasting lowers the barriers to entry for content creators and advertisers who want to reach a large and diverse audience. Unlike traditional TV broadcasting, which requires expensive infrastructure, equipment, and licenses, FAST channel broadcasting only requires a playout solution that can create, curate, manage, and deliver linear content to multiple endpoints. There are many playout solutions available in the market that offer affordable and flexible options for FAST channel operators.
- Greater quality: FAST channel broadcasting offers greater quality for both content creators and viewers. For content creators, FAST channel broadcasting allows them to produce high-quality content with fewer constraints and more creativity. For example, they can use various tools and techniques to enhance their content production, such as AI, cloud computing, editing software, etc. For viewers,
FAST channel broadcasting offers greater quality in terms of content variety, content relevance, and content delivery. For example, they can access a wide range of content genres, content themes, and content sources on FAST channels. They can also enjoy content that is tailored to their interests, needs, and preferences on FAST channels. They can also experience content that is delivered in high definition, without buffering, or latency issues on FAST channels.
- Great choice: FAST channel broadcasting offers a great choice for both content creators and viewers. For content creators, FAST channel broadcasting allows them to choose from various platforms and devices for linear distribution. For example, they can distribute their content on smart TVs (such as Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, etc.), streaming devices (such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, etc.), mobile apps (such as Pluto TV, Tubi, etc.), or websites (such as YouTube, Facebook Watch, etc.).
- For viewers, FAST channel broadcasting offers great choices in terms of channel selection, channel switching, and channel discovery. For example, they can browse through hundreds of channels on FAST platforms.
- They can also switch between channels easily and seamlessly on FAST platforms. They can also discover new channels and content recommendations on FAST platforms.
FAST channel broadcasting is the new era of streaming television. It offers many benefits over traditional TV broadcasting for both content creators and viewers. It provides accurate audience statistics, audience feedback, low cost of entry, greater quality, and great choice across multiple video-enabled devices.
FAST channel operators should leverage these benefits to create successful FAST channels that offer free and diverse content to their viewers and generate revenue for themselves