Job Title : Playout Director
Company : View TV Group
Location : Reading, Berkshire
Job Type : Full Time
***** Applications made by recruiters will NOT be accepted *****
Who we are:
View TV Group produces entertainment TV and VOD content and broadcasts own and other owner’s channels on the http://kapang.com platform for smart TVs, set top box and any internet-connected / mobile devices and monetises own and customer’s content through sponsorship and programmatic advertising.
The Playout Director is responsible for accurate, effective and smooth management and running of broadcast channels in a Playout environment to agreed contracted SLAs, on behalf of clients.
- Ensure that all schedules are ready for Playout and that they conform with all regulatory and client guidelines.
- Ensure that detailed checking is carried out such that all media/material is correct and consistent with paper and computerised information, in line with stakeholder and client requirements.
- To spot check media/material and monitor channels & streams in order to ensure that the output is accurate and that planned schedules are delivered as intended.
- To operate computerised single and multi-channel Playout equipment according to agreed procedures.
- To be aware of and able to deploy the recovery plans where necessary and be prepared to make changes at the last minute, as required.
- To ensure that standby material is at hand for matters of emergency or equipment failure.
- To always be aware of current affairs and their impact upon media/material, schedules and against regulatory or other editorial guidelines and to suggest changes as per client guidelines.
- To ensure that communication with internal stakeholders and clients regarding late changes or alterations is timely and effective.
- Be a point of contact for Ad Sales and Media Planning both in and out of in office hours for late commercial, promotion, interstitial and programme schedule changes.
- Be up to date with clients’ service offerings and strive to ensure all standards are adhered to.
- Continually work to identify ways in which the service to clients and their customers could be improved and mitigate.
- To fully log details of any incidents on the appropriate systems and escalate as per procedures
- To react and use available processes to redress any incident affecting TX, in the shortest possible time, thus ensuring minimal outage time.
Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
Planning and organisation – able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
Managing relationships – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Leading creativity – fosters imagination, creativity and experimentation, takes and promotes considered risks, celebrates creative successes and learns from failure, shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.
Communication – able to get one’s message understood by adopting a range styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience.
Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Experience in a technically driven environment where service provision is critical
- Knowledge of television transmission systems and equipment required
- Knowledge of the OFCOM and other relevant regulatory body guidelines
- Experience of working directly with stakeholders at a senior levels with communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to establish and sustain credibility with senior mgmt, colleagues and customers
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised situation
- Media technical background preferred
- Experience in running a Network required
Salary: £45K – £50K DoE
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you are the right candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 25th January 2021