Job Title : Premier Pro Editor
Company : View TV Group
Location : Reading, Berkshire
Job Type : Full Time
***** Applications made by recruiters will NOT be accepted *****
Who we are:
View TV Group produces entertainment TV and VOD content and broadcasts own and other owner’s channels on the http://kapang.com platform for smart TVs, set top box and any internet-connected / mobile devices and monetises own and customer’s content through sponsorship and programmatic advertising.
The Premiere Pro Editor role will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcasting. We’re looking for video editors experienced in all stages of the post production process
- The role is to complete edit projects on time and within budget by co-operating with journalists, writers, other editors, technical staff and performers to ensure the show/programme is delivered to ViewTV Group policy and editorial standards and in accordance to Ofcom Regulations
- Ensure procedures are followed, whereby all editing activity is conducted through a planning and validation process prior to being sent for final approval by the TV Production Manager
- You will have a flair for pulling together engaging and creative edits to tight deadlines, which exceeds target expectations and that serves as an inspiration to junior members of the team
- Assemble all raw footage such as camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects into the finished edited product
- In compliance with Control Documents (planning document describing the story / narrative) and Edit Schemas (scenes / timings / cameras):
- Input uncut rushes and sound, synchronization, storing them into files on the database and digitally cutting the files
- Create a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reorder and fit the content to time and ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the content to a given format
- Select background mood music and correcting faulty footage.
- Grade, colour and add special effects
- Look for and introduce new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Carry out all duties in accordance with health and safety regulations
- The ideal candidate will be a professional with five years commercial experience in an agency, production house or broadcast environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team on several different projects with conflicting deadlines and to strict specifications.
- You will be an expert with Premiere Pro and the latest Adobe video, audio and colour grading software and fluent in After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Audition, SpeedGrade and Encoder expertise would also be beneficial.
- You will be a keen creative problem solver, possess excellent communication and organisational skills and have a mature, calm, can-do attitude.
- Good working knowledge of Mac OSX, PC and digital workflows.
- Good knowledge and experience of Adobe CS, codecs, compression and video formats
- An excellent grasp of post-production processes and services for broadcast.
- Dedicated, punctual and have a strong work ethic.
- A highly creative, enthusiastic and collaborative approach
Salary: £K range – DoE
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you are the right candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 25th January 2021